Meet the dance world !
Other events have customers, we have registered Members !
Present yourself and your work to over 400 dance professionals from over 40 countries.
Get to know them personally in a relaxed atmosphere, discuss over coffee the Mediterranean way.
During 5 days the Congress venue will be the meeting point of the world of dance.
The cream of dance professionals (teachers, choreographers, researchers, critics, directors, suppliers, educators, managers, organizers) will converge there – some combining it with sightseeing or holidays.
The World Congress on Dance Research has established itself over 28 years as the biggest gathering in the world for all forms of dance.
Performances, classes, lectures, video projections, research reports, exhibitions, evenings, informal discussions – a full-day program in several halls.
Not for the general public: professionals only, to ensure exchanges among peers and international cooperation.
Organized by a Section of CID in cooperation with the International Dance Council CID at UNESCO. Strictly non-profit, with government recognition, in total equality among participants.
Venue is a prestigious building in the city center.
Visit the Congress website: www.Congress.CID-world.org
World Congress on Dance Research
CID congresses are the largest gatherings of dance specialists world-wide, the best opportunity to showcase one’s work to a wide audience of practitioners, dance teachers, choreographers, researchers, journalists, organizers and suppliers.
Approximately 400 conferees from 40 countries of the 5 continents attend each congress.
Intended primarily for professionals, the Congress is a scientific conference, a trade fair and a participatory event, facilitating contacts with colleagues and informal discussions.
All forms of dance are represented. Strictly non-profit. Not to be confused with festivals, workshops, competitions, forums or open conferences. There are no observers or invited guests, only registered participants can attend the morning sessions; spectarors can attend the evening performances only.
The 10-hours-a-day program includes:
– Research reports (papers) are presented and discussed among peers
– Lectures on original subjects resulting from long experience
– Classes, where teachers give a short demonstration of their method
– Performances by dance companies, duos or solos
– Video projections presenting choreographies or full performances
– Exhibitions and sale of books, records, pictures, costumes, accessories etc.
– Evenings where members can discuss in a relaxed setting or dance to local music.
– Visits to places of special interest, such as dance schools, museums, sites etc.
The congress is organized by the local Section of CID, in collaboration with the Executive Secretariat of the CID. It is placed under the auspices of the Ministry of Culture, the National UNESCO Commission, as well as the City Council.
Submitting a presentation (research report, lecture-demonstration, class, performance, exhibition, projection) is optional. For each presentation a text must be sent one month before to be submitted to the Scientific Committee.
Absentee presenters can register also; their presentations will be included in the program and in the proceedings. The proceedings website is visited by tens of thousands of dance professionals all over the world.
To apply for a visa to consulates and/or financial assistance, registered participants receive an official certificate.
Main Congress website: http://congress.CID-world.org
– The International Dance Council CID is the official umbrella organization for all forms of dance in all countries of the world.
– CID is recognized by UNESCO, national and local governments, international organizations and institutions.
– Its members are the most prominent federations, associations, schools, companies and individuals in more than 150 countries.
– CID was founded in 1973 within the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, where it is based.
– UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
International Dance Council CID
UNESCO, 1 rue Miollis, FR-75732 Paris 15, France
Characteristics of a World Congress
- Strictly non-commercial, not-for-profit.
- Largest number of conferees: between 200 and 700.
- Largest number of countries: between 20 and 64, from all 5 continents. No dominant nationality.
- Held for 30 consecutive years, since 1987: 45 Congresses until 2016.
- Organized by a CID Section, not a private business.
- Maximum visibility: announced 1 year earlier, covered by dozens of dance magazines and newsletters, emailed to 100,000 dance professionals in 200 countries.
- Not to be confused with festivals, conferences, workshops, symposiums, trade fairs etc., while containing their most important features.
- Official recognition: endorsed by Ministries and government agencies.
- Scientific Committee composed of university professors from 7 countries.
- Full texts submitted – no abstracts.
- Deadline for registration is one week before the Congress.
- No keynote speakers, no invited guests, no visitors: only registered participants, that is select professionals.
- Time allowed is equal to all conferees.
- Full proceedings, including all texts, videos, music, pictures etc. posted on the Congress website, viewed by tens of thousands.
- All forms of dance are represented: ballet, modern, folk, ballroom, contemporary, traditional, classical, tango, Oriental, etc.
- All approaches: teaching, performing, research, therapy, criticism, recreation, management, journalism etc.
- Including: performances, classes, research reports, lecture-demonstrations, exhibitions/sales, video projections, visits etc.
- A large dancer’s bag with gifts given to each conferee, including: certificate, parchment for wall framing, program, posters, badges, stickers for school entrance and for car windshield, a book, tourist information, handouts etc.
- Venue is a prestigious building in the city center.
- Staffed entirely by volunteers, members of the CID.
- Publishing full list of conferees, plus final results in figures, plus names of all organizers with their contact details.
No other meeting in the world has more than 3 of the above 21 features. You will be proud to be part of it.