for Members attending CID-UNESCO events
1. Check if you do need a visa. Ask a travel agent or a consulate.
2. Check if you can have a flight directly to the event venue, or if you have to pass from another country.
3. Contact the consulate of the country hosting the event. Requirements vary according to country. Make sure to comply.
3. Apply as early as possible. Consulates need time for processing applications.
5. Usually a visa application is accompanied by:
a) Certificate of registration at the event.
b) Return flight ticket
c) Hotel accommodation for the duration of the event. Ask the travel agent or the hotel to send you a certificate.
d) Proof that you have enough money on you for accommodation, meals and daily expenses.
Simple letters of invitation are usually rejected by consulates.
If you apply without the required documents your passport might be stamped “visa refused”.
For large delegations or dance ensembles, the CID-UNESCO Section can call the consulate on the phone to support their application, if necessary.
Every year, Members from dozens of countries receive a visa to attend events endorsed by CID-UNESCO, because CID-UNESCO is the official organization recognized by governments.
For updated information visit the event’s website or contact the CID Section of your city.
International Dance Council CID
UNESCO, 1 rue Miollis, FR-75732 Paris 15, France